Senior Director, Project Mgmt., Engineering, Design & Construction
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position serves as a senior Facilities leader for Regeneron's research and development (R&D) and corporate headquarters campus and other satellite locations in NY, NJ and the EU. The individual serving in this position will provide leadership, supervision, fiscal management, and capital improvement oversight within the Facilities organization. The Senior Director will direct staff and manage the following disciplines:
• Project Management - Leadership of the Project Management Team and site engineering organization for the execution of projects. These projects include, but are not limited to, new construction, renovations, and equipment installation.
• Project Management Office (PMO) - Coordination of the PMO Facilities Project Portfolio (FPP). The individual in this position will manage the portfolio by introducing structure, rigor, and governance for the Facilities Project Portfolio. This individual will work with other Facilities functions to ensure appropriate planning, execution, visibility, tracking, issue resolution, and leadership to drive project success.
• Engineering, Design and Construction - Engineering management and direction of the site engineering Team. Perform design and plan review, supply engineering and project estimates, provide architectural and engineering services and support engineering initiatives. Lead all new building construction and development projects.
• Develop, implement, and monitor facilities projects, objectives, and budgets-both capital and operating; manage budgets +$100MM; Use dashboard tools and reporting mechanisms.
• Direct staff responsible for facility engineering, renovations, new construction planning and execution. Effectively hold team members accountable for status, deliverables, and the appropriate escalation of challenges.
• Oversee resource planning, balancing, and adjustments across projects and programs within the Facilities Organization.
• Direct the Project Management Office ensuring that the staff delivers quality work on time and on budget achieving the business objectives.
• Provide presentations and reports to executive management regarding strategic objectives, recommendations, project budgets, schedules, and progress.
• Approve plans, specifications, and design strategies for construction, engineering, and utility projects. Review and approve construction drawings for capital projects to ensure compliance with Regeneron policies and standards.
• Establish and manage technical specialists and consultants, brokers, appraisers, engineers, and architects.
• Anticipate challenges and manage dependencies, issues and risks across projects and programs within the Facilities organization portfolio.
• Enhance communication and project awareness with key senior stakeholders and improve the understanding between Facilities functions and contribute to cross-functional alignment with project objectives.
• Provide oversight to ensure that all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems are operating properly. Direct engineering and design of building systems.
• BS Engineering from a four year college or university in an Engineering discipline
• Master's Degree (MBA preferred)
• Professional Engineer or Architecture (preferred)
• Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) experience (preferred)
• Project Management Professional designation (preferred)
Minimum Years of Experience:
• 15+ years of progressively responsible positions with at least 5 years senior level management and/or experience with large diversified engineering and technical teams.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.