NGS Data Analyst
The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
The NGS Data Analyst, for our Bioinformatics and Data Analysis group will report to the Manager of the Production Analysis and be responsible for:
• Collaboratively supporting and working with other NGS Data Analysts to develop: pipelines, analysis strategies, and deliver on long-term projects.
• Designing, charting progression, and completing analysis projects with clear timelines, budgets, and delivery of data.
• Prioritizing and managing work effort to deliver data, results, and analyses in efficient and time appropriate fashion.
• Understanding downstream analysis needs and frameworks to develop tools and automation to enable Analytical and Translational Genetics teams.
• Collaboration with LIMS, laboratory specialists, and analysts to deliver high-quality production data in a timely fashion.
• Tracking sample metadata, and delivering data in a high-throughput production environment.
• Providing bioinformatics support for routine sequencer maintenance and upgrades.
• Working with the sequencing vendor and the Production Manager to quickly resolve instrument problems.
• Maintaining accurate sample and sequence analysis records in our LIMS.
• Implementing standard operating procedures to maintain stringent performance requirements, including throughput and quality metrics.
This position requires a minimum of a masters or doctoral degree in bioinformatics or computational biology, and 4+ years of experience in a next-generation sequencing lab.
• Extensive experience with NGS analysis tools and methodologies including modification and tuning of software tools and analysis approaches
• Strong programming experience with focus on production and/or automation of processes
• Experience providing analysis support for sequence data production
• Interest and ability exploring and using new Technologies, Software, and programming languages.
• Script and software development experience to support NGS data analysis
• Experience with data/LIMS integration for metadata capture and tracking
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.