The successful candidate should have a PhD in organic chemistry, or a related field, with approximately 14 or more years of additional industrial or academic experience. A demonstrated ability to develop and lead scientific projects and teams to deliver exceptional innovation is essential. The individual should have a desire to be an active member of a world-leading scientific organization, be willing to participate in our highly collaborative research enterprise, and have a strong desire to contribute to, and continuously improve, our culture of innovation, team development and safety. A track record of acting with speed, accountability, agility and integrity is critical, along with a mind-set of continuous learning and personal growth. We are seeking individuals who can think differently and bring diverse ideas and perspectives to our problem solving organization, thus, while a back-ground in process chemistry is advantageous, it is not essential. Within this environment, you will have the opportunity to pursue your passion for chemistry while developing new skills and knowledge, in collaboration with highly talented and creative colleagues.
- Lead inter-disciplinary CSD project teams to deliver disruptively innovative science, novel chemical routes, inventive manufacturing processes and outstanding scientific knowledge to support the development and commercialization of our innovative portfolio.
- Work across assets within the BMS portfolio of small molecule and synthetic compounds.
- Be independent, entrepreneurial and able to propose novel and creative ideas to solve complex chemical problems through the application of first-principals understanding.
- Manage a team of highly skilled organic chemists.
- Contribute to the development of our culture of innovation at an organization level to effect positive change.
- Participate in, propose and run departmental initiatives aimed at improving our work-practices.
- Interface with cross-functional CMC development teams to ensure effective development strategies are in place and being implemented for development stage assets.
- Partner with other key stakeholders across Product Development to develop integrated CSD development strategies with other CMC development functions.
- Interface across CSD functional areas (analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, engineering and technologies) to execute on our integrated vision.
- Partner with the CSD-SLT and Portfolio Governance teams to continue to grow our culture of collaboration and innovation, in support of our dynamic portfolio.
- Partner with the leadership of the chemistry organization to grow, develop and train the members of the CSD community through leadership, exceptional management, coaching and mentoring.
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry or related field with a track record of academic excellence.
- An additional 14 or more years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Demonstrated excellence across our core-behaviors, with a track record of acting with Passion, Innovation, Accountability and Speed.
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity. An ability to inspire and lead others.
- Experience leading high performing teams.
- Experience mentoring and growing team members and colleagues.
- External visibility through peer reviewed publications or presentations is preferred through not required.