Sr Associate Bio-analytical Scientist- PKDM
Amgen is seeking a bio-analytical Scientist to join the Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism (PKDM) department at our Kendall Square site in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
In this role you will contribute to Amgen's multimodality discovery and development portfolio contributing to the investigation of distribution, clearance pathways and target engagement with an emphasis on Neuroscience and small molecule therapeutics. In addition, this position will be involved in developing innovative bioanalyses in support of ADME science and to advance fundamental understanding of the biological factors that affect the metabolism and clearance of candidate drugs and enable mechanistic PK/PD modeling. You will interact with scientists across functions in our dynamic next generation research environment in Cambridge as well as across the Amgen research sites (Cambridge, MA, San Francisco and Thousand Oaks, CA) as you provide vital bioanalytical results contributing to our understanding of pharmacokinetics, ADME, safety liability, and pharmacology of our discovery portfolio to advance the best therapeutic candidates.
In this position the core responsibilities are to:
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo sample bioanalyses for project teams with strong emphasis on speed, quality, robustness and assay performance.
- Analyze, interpret, integrate and communicate study results.
- Independently design and conduct fit for purpose in vitro experiments.
- Provide expertise in by LC-mass spectrometry applied to biotherapeutic and biomarker bioanalysis.
- Work closely with PKDM team members, effectively communicate with project team representatives and actively participate/collaborate cross functionally.
- Implement new assays, techniques, improve processes and evaluate new technologies/instrumentation.
In addition to the core responsibilities, this role also allows the individual to write scientific reports, author scientific papers and present at scientific meetings where appropriate. A collaborative and highly capable scientific cross-site community at Amgen is available to support these efforts.
Master's degree and 3 years of Scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Scientific experience
- Masters in a pharmaceutical science, chemistry or equivalent field of study.
- 3 years of drug discovery and/or development experience.
- Protein sample handling processing, and analysis, and experience with hi-resolution mass spectrometry.
- Critical thinking and demonstrated ability to communicate with team members across broad disciplines.