10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as Program Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both product development and technical project management. This person will work for the Head of Program Management in a small team of project managers who help our teams efficiently develop our extremely cool products. This individual will be responsible for an integrated view of our portfolio of projects and their interdependencies, and will serve as project management support on at least one of our development or operations projects. They will work closely with the project managers and technical project leads, and will also interact with R&D management on staffing and schedules.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Develop and maintain an integrated view of 10x’s fast-paced product development projects in terms of schedule, performance, and budget
- Identify and resolve issues with interconnected deadlines, priorities, and resourcing
- Coach project managers and technical project leads on technical project management
- Assess and improve processes for project workflow, communication, and documentation
- Serve as project management support to some of the 10x product development teams
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or science
- Six or more years of experience on product development teams
- Three or more years of experience in project or program management for product development
- Thorough understanding of different options and best practices for management of projects, programs, risks, and change
- Solid understanding of project scheduling and tracking software
- Experience operating under a Quality Management System
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills: speaking, writing, listening, and interacting
Desired Skills and Background
- Degree in chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, molecular biology, or a closely related field
- Experience in reagent manufacturing
- Experience in development of consumables for biology
- Experience in development of chemistry or biology instrumentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.