Scientist; Protein Sciences and Analytics
The successful candidate will work in a collaborative setting within the Protein Sciences Division supporting protein analytics for protein bioproduction, process development, hybridoma antibody discovery and cell line development. Experiments will include protein formulation and stability studies, support of hybridoma campaigns with off rate ranking, binning, and epitope mapping. Experience in protein and antibody ligand and enzyme kinetics is essential.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Experience in enzymology (Chromogenic/Fuorogenic assays),
- Ligand binding kinetics (ForteBio/Biacore),
- Formulation and stability assays with experience in DSC, DSF/UNCLE™, SLS and DLS,
- ELISA and western blot analysis including assay qualification,
- Mass Spectrometry and SEC-MALs (optional),
- Cell based potency assays including the AlphaLISA format (optional).
- Education: A Ph.D in Biology or Biochemistry and 1-3 years of post-graduate experience in a professional environment.
- Intuitive knowledge and technical excellence in protein kinetics and biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Ability to drive strategies and problem solve for biochemical and biophysical characterization of a diverse range of proteins from many different customers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well as a member of a team is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis are expected.
Aragen Bioscience is a contract research company that offers a diverse range of services related to preclinical development of biotherapeutics and diagnostics. Our client base includes some of the biggest names in biotechnology, as well as some of the most innovative new ventures in the industry. Aragen is dedicated to advancing medical science as both an expert partner, and a reliable service provider. Aragen employees thrive on challenge and enjoy the opportunity to work on diverse projects in a fast-paced environment. Joining Aragen offers the opportunity for rapid personal and professional growth.
- Laboratory setting
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Flexible working schedule, which may include some after-hours or weekend duties based on project needs