Senior Toxicologist, Food/Flavors - Princeton, NJ
Firmenich is the largest private company in the Fragrance & Flavors industry, founded in 1895 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Led by our passion for taste and smell, we put our creativity and innovation to work to develop fragrances and flavors for the world’s most desirable brands, delighting billions of consumers every day.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Toxicologist in our Princeton, NJ NA Corporate Headquarters.
Key Responsibilities: Include but not limited to;
- Conducting safety and risk assessment of new ingredients in development (early stage assessment and final product support)
- Apply alternative testing methodologies and non-animal assessment approaches to guide new ingredient development
- Manage toxicity testing (including test design) and risk assessments of fragrance/flavor ingredients to support Innovation
- Assist with evaluation of safety-related customer issues and Firmenich product support
- Support global registration of chemicals, when needed
- Active participation to relevant industry associations
- Influencing business customers and regulatory authorities on complex technical issues
- Advise business on emerging safety issues
- PhD in Toxicology or related scientific area
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Flavor & Fragrance, Food and/or Dietary supplement industry and a good general understanding of product development, assessment and approval process
- A strong track record of resolving complex issues related to product safety
- Specific expertise in chemical and/or ingredient safety and risk assessments methods applied to food and/or consumer product uses. Experience in novel food assessment and/or expertise in ADME would be a plus.
- Ability to analyze scientific literature and toxicology studies
- General understanding of global regulatory guidelines
- Strong organizational/project management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and orally
- Solution oriented, able to conduct projects independently but also able to work in a team to share knowledge and learnings
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Subsidized Cafeteria!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!