Senior Research Associate, Immunology
Join an exciting venture-backed startup with a novel drug discovery platform. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact as you contribute to building a cutting-edge platform that integrates chemical diversity, biological activity, comprehensive knowledge bases and machine learning to produce best-in-class antibody therapeutics.
Currently based in San Ramon, and moving to San Carlos in September 2018, RubrYc Therapeutics was founded to revolutionize traditional approaches to therapeutic discovery. Our core mission is to continually innovate at the intersection of chemistry, biology and data science to produce best-in-class therapeutics.
Driven by information, RubrYc designs and deploys proprietary molecular libraries that participate in millions of interactions with candidate antibodies. We evaluate these interactions across a range of conditions that reflect molecular physiology and pathology. By aggregating laboratory measured interaction data with structural simulation, deep learning and proprietary algorithms, we gain unprecedented insights into the interfaces of antibodies and their targets.
Senior Research Associate Opportunity
RubrYc is now building our foundational R&D team, and we have an opening for a Senior Research Associate to join the team. We are seeking a skilled Senior Research Associate to work on a variety of cutting edge projects. The successful applicant will be an integral part of a research team generating and evaluating antibodies for the treatment of autoimmune and oncology indications.
- Work closely with project teams, external collaborators and CROs to support drug discovery efforts and build our pipeline by identifying and characterizing monoclonal antibody lead candidates
- Design, develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and/or multiplex assays to evaluate antibody modulation of the immune response
- Document and organize data, generate technical reports, and present findings to project teams
- Ensure seamless execution of work flows by: tracking supply orders, making recommendations to improve procedures and protocols, ensuring equipment is in working order, maintaining accurate records of all data and procedures
The candidate must be highly innovative, energetic, and willing to take calculated risks. He or she will bring a creative, innovative energy to the team and contribute to the cross-disciplinary thought leadership RubrYc has established. The candidate must be comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment
- Creative and curious out of the box thinker—leading implementation of new approaches and capable of rigorously prioritizing adoption of new techniques
- Go-getter & self-starter who can take initiative
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collegial manner, a team player
- Highly tolerant and respectful of all members of a small startup company
- Focused and goal-oriented, yet flexible enough to deal with unanticipated challenges and opportunities
- Pro-active and positive attitude to thrive in a start-up environment
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have an M.S. or B.S./B.A. in immunology or related fields with 8-10 years of academic and industry experience combined with discovery of therapeutic antibodies. Candidates with at least 5 years of Biopharma industry experience will be strongly preferred.
- A sophisticated understanding of and expertise in the isolation, characterization, and development of functional assays using human and mouse primary immune cells is required.
- Extensive experience in multiparameter flow cytometric analysis and application to evaluation of human and/or mouse immune response through phenotypic profiling and intracellular cytokine staining is required.
- Experience in basic cellular immunology assays such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity and/or proliferation is required.
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel and FlowJo is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills with ability to thrive in a goal driven team environment is required.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate of a young startup in Silicon Valley, plus meaningful stock option allocations and benefits.
Corporate Culture at RubrYc
We are a small venture-backed startup. The company environment is friendly and informal, and non-hierarchical. Our corporate culture is rigorous science and innovation, and we believe in continuous growth and learning. We strive for excellence in performance and quality of work, and at the same time, we believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org