The department of Bioinformatics at Gilead is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist to lead bioinformatics genomics data analysis and software application development, with focus on bioinformatics web application development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to provide bioinformatics supports for our expanding product portfolio and growing pipeline of investigational drugs. In addition, the candidate will contribute to presentation and publication of clinical genomics findings in both peer-review publications and regulatory documents.
• Develop analysis workflow (emphasis on R environment) and web applications for visualizing results
• Make genomics results and findings available to research and development groups at Gilead through web or database application
• Work with IT to maintain bioinformatics infrastructure and data storage
• Work with external vendors to provide cloud computing and other software or hardware resources.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
• 7+ years of experience with MS degree in a related scientific discipline.
• 3+ years of experience with computational annotation and analysis of large-scale multidisciplinary datasets including genomic data
• Proficient in object-oriented programming using JAVA, C++
• Proficient in GUI development and data visualization.
• Strong publication record in either peer-reviewed journals or FDA application is required.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix platforms and high-performance computing environment
Experience with statistical analysis of biomedical data using SAS® or R software
Good communication skills that foster collaboration and teamwork.
• Extensive expertise in cancer genomics or Immunology bioinformatics, particularly related to drug development.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: http://apptrkr.com/1287149
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.