Purification Development Intern, Summer 2019
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This person will be working in Purification within Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development in Tarrytown, NY. The student will receive an overview and instruction of the downstream purification process with a focus on polishing chromatography and membrane unit operations. The bulk of the internship will focus on a designed research project, culminating in a presentation of the completed project to the purification group. The current planned project will involve assisting with the process characterization work that will be involved for the development of Continuous Chromatography Separations. This project will help with the overall PMPD Departmental Goal of improved efforts geared towards process intensification via Continuous Chromatography and potential implementation into a monoclonal antibody purifcation platform. Loading capacity, flow properties, and column packing will be areas of interest. Additional projects, such as continuous chromatography method development and design of experiment, may be introduced depending on time constraints, taking into account the performance of the studies and needs of the PMPD Purification Group. Support of late state characterization work for on-going programs within the development life cycles may also fill a portion of this student's time.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate student
• Must be pursuing a degree in chemical engineering or biochemical engineering
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Summer Program is full-time (40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.