Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Immunology
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with experience in cell biology and immunology to join our Nurix drug discovery team. Nurix is devoted to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the ubiquitin system.
Ubiquitin ligases play numerous roles in immune cell function, autoimmunity, inflammation and anti-tumor immunity. The successful candidate will support early drug discovery efforts in inflammation and Immuno-Oncology. These duties will include planning, execution and analysis of in vitro cellular assays to support small molecule discovery efforts and new target ID.
This individual will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, eager to learn new techniques, highly organized and enjoy working in a creative and dynamic team environment.
- For SRA: Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 6+ years industry experience (or Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of industry experience)
- For RA: Bachelor or Master’s degree with 2-5 years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of immune and cellular assays applying multiple techniques including primary cell isolation, tissue culture, ELISA, FACS, Western and multiplexing technologies (e.g. Luminex, Quantigene)
- Demonstrated track record in functional assay development in immunology
- Experience isolating and interrogating the activation and signaling of primary human and mouse immune cells (e.g. T cells, NK cells, antigen presenting cells)
- Expertise with flow cytometer based profiling of immune cells strongly desired
- Background in ubiquitin biology with past experience is a plus
- Strongly aligned with Nurix’s culture and values
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment