Associate Scientist/Scientist Biology
Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for meeting unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening available for Associate Scientist/Scientist to develop translational assays of fibrosis. Previous research experience using primary human tissue is a plus. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and biomarkers for fibrosis. This is an opportunity to investigate mechanisms of fibrosis across multiple organs and diseases utilizing cutting edge tools and techniques. This position will be primarily responsible for our precision cut tissue slice assay program developing and refining methods to maintain primary human and mouse tissue and evaluate antifibrotic therapeutics. This program requires the ability to communicate and interact with external collaborators, flexibility in work hours, and strong bench and data analysis skills.
- Plan and execute experiments related to the evaluation of novel targets and signaling pathways.
- Develop new assays for the evaluation of compound efficacy
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data.
- Troubleshoot experiments.
- Advance drug discovery programs by interacting with other biologists, chemists and external collaborators.
- Contribute effectively to patent, technical report and scientific publication writing.
- May have the opportunity to manage one or more Research Associates.
- PhD. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 0-2 years experience or M.S. with >5 years industry experience
- Experience working with ex vivo tissues (human and murine) desired
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common cell biology laboratory procedures including cell culture, qPCR, ELISA, and fluorescence microscopy
- High level of creativity and productivity
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Conceptual thinking, active follow through and vigorous scientific curiosity
- Flexible schedule including some evening and weekend work, as required
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills