Manager, Supply Chain & CMO Alliance
We are a growing and dynamic organization where you will have the opportunity to play an integral role within our CMC organization as a Manager, Supply Chain and CMO Alliance Management. In this role, you will be responsible for the Company’s global supply chain for commercial products where you will lead and oversee procurement, logistics, end-to-end supply chain of commercial products at Omeros while ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines for cGMP products. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the preparation of CMC related regulatory reports and submissions.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our CMC Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac injection) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
Your responsibilities in this position will include:
- Manage global supply chain activities for product portfolio to optimize inventory, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals
- Identify and qualify suppliers of raw materials and components, on an as needed basic
- Purchase raw materials and components for commercial manufacturing operations
- Act as a key liaison between various internal stakeholders (Regulatory Affairs, QA, Finance, Marketing, others) on developing a forecast and plan production accordingly with suppliers, CMO’s
- Manage end-to-end supply chain activities
- Manage inventory at third-party logistics warehouse
- Lead business reviews with key contract manufacturing org’s (CMO) and suppliers
- Perform technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations, as needed basis
- Perform basic financial analyses
- Identify supply chain risks and pro-actively take steps to mitigate
- Team management will include one direct report
What education, experience, skills and knowledge do you need?
You’ll need to have a BS degree in Chemistry or a related degree with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience in a pharma or biotech company managing global contract manufacturing and lab organizations; experience with overseas markets is highly desired.
Additionally, we are seeking the following:
- Experience with working in a cross functional environment, including batch record reviews of drug product and secondary packaging operations is preferred
- PMI PMP certification preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project is required
- A demonstrated ability to present, influence, and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment to deliver results is required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated initiative are also required
- Leadership skills
What additional skills and competencies does our ideal candidate have?
- The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and management skills, and be able to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, subordinates, and external contract organizations
- The individual must write well, demonstrate proficiency preparing regulatory documents, and display exceptional analytical solving skills
Supervisory roles and responsibilities
- The individual may perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
What else do you need to know?
- Occasionally, you will be required to travel overnight; some international travel may also be required
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge that we are seeking, we’d love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.