Associate Director- WW Medical Publication & Scientific Content, Real-world Data and Outcomes Resear
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Accountable for ensuring the clear, accurate and scientifically rigorous communication of BMS and Pfizer ("Alliance") real world/outcomes research information for Eliquis
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to facilitate early identification of anticipated data disclosures that may be relevant enabling timely preparation of other data dependent communications
Primary responsibilities will be determined based on skills of individual and composition of team and will include
- Deliver strategically aligned publication plans and timely journal submissions/publications and congress presentations of RW/OR data in partnership with Alliance WW and US HEOR leads, WW Pubs/Content leads and HQ Medical Leads.
- Implement effective & consistent strategies for engaging matrix teams and external authors to advise on & shape publication plan strategy
- Review publication drafts for scientific quality and to ensure alignment & consistency with author direction, scientific communication platform & key communication points supported by data
- Deliver strategically aligned scientific content including slide decks, MI letters, dossier on RW/OR data in partnership with WWHEOR leads, Access leads, Field Medical Communication Liasion RW/OR and HQ Medical leads working collaboratively across key functions and markets.
- Manages 3rd party providers to ensure the timely delivery of quality publications and scientific content
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects, provides solutions to complex problems, and delivers complete and accurate information within deadlines.
- Partners with Operations & Execution Leads to assess, plan, and allocate resources (budget, medical writing, biostatistical services) to ensure timely delivery of high quality communications.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with publishers of outcomes research journals, medical associations & other relevant stakeholder groups.
- Monitoring the external medical and scientific information landscape, identifying trends in content inquiry and aligning and adjusting to relevant trends to better meet customer needs through internal process improvements
- Maintains awareness of applicable legal, regulatory and compliance framework and good research/publication practices applicable to health economics and outcomes research
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external standards and models good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all publications are being authored, written, and reviewed according to GPP3 and BMS processes
- Responsible for establishing a work plan and building relationships that are necessary for success with Alliance stakeholders
- Advanced degree: Clinical/Science degree or advanced health economics/epidemiology degree required.
- Publications experience/CMPP experience strongly preferred;
- Scientific expertise in cardiovascular disease preferred.
- Experience working within an Alliance partnership preferred
- Experience in developing scientific publication/content strategy, planning and execution
- Experience working in highly matrix environment across a broad range of functional areas.
- Awareness of introductory health economics and outcomes research, comparative effectiveness research (CER), health technology assessment (HTA) landscape and reporting requirements
- Ability to review, assess and synthesize CER, health outcomes and pharmacoeconomic evidence
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision) preferred.