Pharmaceutical Research Associate
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Pharmaceutical Research Associate to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
The Pharmaceutical Research Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support in an automation laboratory where submitted samples are prepared for high-throughput screening using standard and novel assays.
- General biochemistry wet lab skills (buffer and sample preparation, instrument setup, etc.).
- Operate robotics and perform analysis of samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC (SEC, IEC, RP), capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS), microfluidics, and UV-visible spectroscopy.
- Perform data analysis primarily with Excel and other analysis programs.
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data.
- Troubleshoot methods and instrumentation problems as needed.
- Prepare data for presentations and technical reports, and interact with other groups within and across departments.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Goal and team oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- A fundamental knowledge of proteins and antibodies.
- Basic to advance analytical understanding in characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, electrophoresis methods, spectroscopy, and other biophysical characterization.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptability, dependable, and with a positive attitude.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Able to learn new techniques well, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Matlab or similar computational experience is a plus.
- Experience with automated liquid handling equipment and programming are a plus.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting chromatography systems (HPLC) is a plus.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration, with 1-2 years of industry experience or 1-2 years of academic research experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com .
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.