Market Research Lead
MARKET RESEARCH LEAD
The Market Research Lead will be responsible for developing a comprehensive market research plan and supervising execution of market research projects. This functional leader will also be charged with integrating primary market research results from his/her team with other data analysis, quantitative studies, and information to derive key insights that inform commercial strategies. This functional leader will report directly to the VP, Commercial Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a thorough market research plan to support key strategic and tactical decisions for the Voxelotor commercial launch
- Become a trusted partner collaborating and influencing brand strategy to drive performance
- Expert understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies with an ability to synthesize outputs into actionable insights
- Identify qualified suppliers to conduct market research studies and manage the process to engage suppliers for needed studies in a cost-effective manner and compliant with industry and company standards & policies
- Deep understanding of all stages of the buying process; ability to highlight commercial opportunities and gaps
- Possess a curiosity and openness to new insight methodologies and a drive to create the toolkit to better serve the business
- Sustain comprehensive organizational knowledge regarding competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various marketing channels. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses
- Supervise the conduct of market research studies in a collaborative manner ensuring that perspectives of all team members and partners are considered in crafting the content of discussion guides, surveys, etc. and the study methodology is appropriate to deliver reliable results
- Project types include but are not limited to epidemiology, treatment flow, qualitative or quantitative demand/market share, segmentation, positioning/messaging, future treatment paradigms, etc
- Ensure that the conclusions and implications drawn from market research studies are objective, sound, relevant to the underlying business questions, supported by data, and communicated effectively to cross-functional teams and commercial leadership
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines
- BS degree or higher in life sciences or medicine (or equivalent); Advanced degree in marketing, market research, or a relevant social science or clinical discipline desirable
- 10- 15 years of market research experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry (which may include work as a consultant or supplier to the industry)
- Experience supporting rare diseases is highly desirable
- Proven record of drawing insights from primary market research with patients, health care providers, and payers to guide business decisions in support of in-line brands and launch products
- Strategic thinking and ability to integrate information to derive actionable insights
- Expertise to lead selection of appropriate market research methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative) for a wide variety of business questions and willingness to do the hands-on work required to manage the resulting projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required – in particular, the ability to summarize results from disparate sources in a concise manner for senior management
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams is required with a history of leadership, initiative in achieving organizational objectives.
- Evidence of group and project leadership, consensus-driving and project management is required
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
- Strong data analytical and interpretive skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- Passionate about the function
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.