Manager Supply Chain Planning
MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
The Manager Supply Chain Planning will be responsible for consolidating aggregate sources of demand and translating into actionable global production plans for Global Blood Therapeutics clinical and commercial products, ensuring product availability for patients. This role will closely collaborate and interface with Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Clinical Operations, Commercial Operations to address demand and supply variables that may impact the expected supply of product. As a key member of the Supply Chain team and the Technical Operations group, this position will also perform scenario planning and propose actionable recommendations based on demand and supply detailed analysis. Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) places a high value on cooperative team dynamics and a positive, “can-do” work ethic. The ideal candidate thrives in a hands-on, fast-paced environment where a strong sense of urgency and accountability is the norm and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consolidate and reconcile global clinical and commercial demand assumptions. Support development of clinical trial demand forecasts
- Develop and communicate demand/supply plans, ensure alignment within Tech Ops/CMC and other cross-functional groups as required
- Develop and maintain production forecast models
- Develop inventory management strategies, safety stock policies while minimizing distress risk.
- Manage inventory levels, monitor expiration dating (initiate IP shelf-life extension process as required)
- Execute supply planning scenarios as required, assessing cost, risk and feasibility. Support GBT Business Planning processes
- Develop and report Key Performance Indicators related to Inventory Management and Attainment to Plan
- Collaborate with QA, Regulatory Affairs in executing Jurisdictional Control process
- Identify and implement areas of best practice and process improvement around demand and supply planning
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Processes as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering required
- Graduate degree (MBA or equivalent), APICS certification and/or supply chain education preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 7- 10 years of Supply Chain, materials management or production planning experience. GMP Operations experience preferred
- Knowledge in supply chain, planning or materials management, inventory management, and business process facilitation. Experience with ERP systems, and new product launches required
- Other continuing education initiatives highly desirable (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, industry specific coursework)
- Good organizational and communication skills, effective project and time management skills, and able to work well under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior MS Excel modeling skills, experience with developing complex forecasting models and transitioning to ERP based forecasting modules
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional groups to achieve business objectives required
- Superior communication skills – Oral, written and formal presentation skills.
- Creative problem solving and influencing skills, comfortable and effective working indirectly
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.