Head of RNA Therapeutics / Oligonucleotide Synthesis group
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are looking for an experienced PhD level Scientist to head a new small group devoted to the synthesis and testing of oligonucleotides, such as antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs, for RNA therapeutic applications. The scientist will be responsible for managing the operation of an automated oligonucleotide synthesis facility and an analytical team responsible for purification and quality assessment of the oligonucleotide products. The scientist will also supervise a team of molecular and cell biologists who will perform biochemical and cell culture experiments to assess the function of the synthetic oligonucleotides.
• Operate and maintain oligonucleotide synthesis machinery
• Manage and develop a small team of nucleic acid scientists and RA's
• Supervise cellular assay development and optimization
• Assist in the development of new technology for the synthesis and application of oligonucleotides and other nucleic acid reagents
• Perform advanced data analysis as well as trouble shooting under minimal supervision.
• Keep up-to-date and well-organized records of order requests, syntheses, and product quality
• Communicate and report study findings at meetings
• Work cooperatively with an advisory team to optimize screening strategies and develop functional assays
• Contribute to group goals and objectives with new ideas and creative approaches
• This position requires a PhD, at least two years of postdoctoral experience, and at least five additional years of relevant experience.
• A strong knowledge of nucleic acid biochemistry
• Experience with chemical synthesis of nucleic acids highly desirable
• A high level of skill in cellular and molecular biology and biochemistry experimental techniques
• Experience with the design and execution of mammalian cell-based assays
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision but also be a productive and cooperative member of a diverse research team
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Prior experience managing people is desirable
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Level will be commensurate with experience
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.