Senior Scientist, Structural Bioinformatics and Biochemistry
We seek a highly talented and motivated scientist who understands antibody structure/function and can leverage structural bioinformatics to help us design, build, and test novel biotherapeutics. The ideal candidate will join our diverse team of discovery scientists who are responsible for developing best-in-class biologics and building our expanding portfolio of biopharmaceuticals. He/she will work with cross-disciplinary teams both internally and externally for protein design, engineering, characterization and drug-like property screening. Through computational analysis the candidate will bring the best of in silico technologies to build a detailed understanding of physicochemical properties and how they relate to biologic development. As an integral team member you will have the opportunity to become involved in all of our core therapeutic areas addressing significant unmet medical need and making in impact on patient's lives.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Implement approaches using molecular modeling to inform candidate engineering and screening.
- Collaborate with analytical and formulation scientists to advance our understanding of protein stability and apply it to novel biologics.
- Used structure-based design to solve complex biologic challenges.
- Guide antigen design to be used with both B cell and hybridoma antibody campaigns and with synthetic library screening using yeast display and phage display.
- Develop structural insights into sequence liabilities and provide engineering solutions to mitigate development risks.
- Design and refine novel biologics including bi- and multi-specifics derived from Fabs, ScFvs, single domains, and non-antibody biologics including chimeric antigen receptors (CAR) and T cell receptors (TCR).
- BS, MS, or Ph.D in structural bioinformatics, biochemistry, biophysics, or related field. Candidates with experience in both computational methods and bench science preferred.
- 10+ (BS), 8+ (MS), or 0+ (Ph.D) years of relevant experience
- Experience using machine learning and/or artificial intelligence (AI).
- Industry experience working with therapeutic proteins and biologics.
- Strong track record of contributions to our community of science through presentations and publications.
- Familiar working with large datasets generated through NGS sequencing of immune repertoires, library selections, and single-cell technologies.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.