Director/Associate Director, Global Market Access- Oncology
The Global Market Access Team leads the market access strategies and planning for pipeline as well as on market products. The GMAP Oncology Director for venetoclax launch of Multiple Myeloma (MM) indication reports to the Director GMAP Hematology and is accountable for the following: an overall price reimbursement and access (PRA) strategy for venetoclax in MM aligned with the venetoclax commercial strategy and overall AbbVie venetoclax cross-indication strategy activities related to "preparing for launch" and achieving optimal patient access and pricing in a timely manner for initial launch indications (relapsed/refractory MM) within the venetoclax MM Global Brand Team activities supporting achievement of PR and A for follow on indication (such as biomarker and newly diagnosed popuaitons). Including leveraging your clinical understanding, expertise of Evidence Based Medicine, alongside deep global payer knowledge, and competitive insights to shape Phase II/III clinical development programs for MM pipeline indications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The ideal candidate will support the global effort to integrate payer value messages into our clinical and evidence-base assessments and evaluations for venetoclax MM early pipeline Indications across a range of populaitons.
- The position will address reimbursement and pricing potential for markets including the U.S., (all channels - Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare), as well as other international key markets, including EU5, CA, BR, RU, CH,JP, SK (specific list to be determined by disease state).
- Proactively ensuring reimbursement perspective is incorporated into global market access & pricing strategy as well as multi-functional therapeutic and product assessments throughout key clinical development milestones and strategic commercial decisions.
- At appropriate juncture in time mobilize the organization's to ensure Global, Area and Affiliate implementation of the Abbvie launch readiness to achieve PRA.
- Generating launch global payer value propositions for venetoclax in MM that are aligned with the product's total established and emerging value proposition (physicians, payers, and patients) and the product's target product profile (TPP).
- Collaborating with GHEOR, Clinical Evidence & Outcomes (CE&O) team, policy, Global Marketing, Global Commercial Development, area market access and other functions, to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area.
- Supporting internal events and symposia designed to raise the overall organizational awareness and insights of the environmental changes ahead and implications that payers will increasingly have in the business.
- Maintaining therapeutic area specific department budgetary activities
- Role may be hired at Sr. Manager or Director level depending on experience
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience in Pricing and Market Access
- Strong clinical and disease area knowledge
- Experience in developing and managing market access strategies globally
- Experience in payer trends, evaluating drivers of market access success
- Knowledge of pricing policy & regulations and healthcare in key markets
- Understanding of regulatory agency requirements or policies that govern market approval, and the impact on reimbursement decisions
- Working knowledge of health economic modeling
- Education: prefer degree in a scientific or economic area. MBA preferred
- Key Leadership