Scientist or Sr. Scientist for Early Product Development
PACT Pharma is a new company with laboratories in the San Francisco Bay Area. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We identify mutations that are unique to each patient’s cancer and that are recognized by that patient’s immune system. We then engineer autologous T cells with patient-derived T cell receptors (TCRs) to target and kill tumor cells expressing these neoepitopes. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) as well as multiple technologies developed in-house by our research team.
PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we aim to lead the cancer immunotherapy field toward personalized adoptive T cell therapies and thus revolutionize how cancers are treated. We are currently located in Hayward, CA, but will be moving offices to South San Francisco at the end of this calendar year. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Early Product Development
- Work productively as a member of a team, led by the Principal Investigator – Early Product Development. Extensive collaboration with other PACT teams is anticipated.
- Maintain rigor and quality of execution, documentation and timelines.
- Execute transient transfection of mammalian cells for characterization of engineered cells.
- Develop and implement novel high throughput methods for protein production, purification, and characterization.
- Develop and implement new strategies to boost T cell persistence and function in a tumor context.
- Mentor team individuals, motivate team success, and contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation to support clinical development.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Should enjoy operating in a dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Must be innovative, goal-driven, and able to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- 2+ years of relevant industry or postdoctoral experience with documented experience with T cell biology and Early Product Development.
- Expertise in immunology and cell biology, with particular focus on T cell signaling.
- Expertise with molecular biology and mammalian protein expression and purification (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, hydrophobic interaction).
- Comprehensive experience with protein analytical techniques, including SDS-PAGE, Western blots, HPLC, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, SPR, calorimetry, and spectrophotometric analysis (UV, DLS, DSF, CD etc.).
- Able to start as soon as possible.