Principal Research Scientist-Nutritional Health
Main Purpose of Position:
Identify, plan, conduct, and oversee studies needed to advance important nutritional health projects from idea creation, through refinement, to project launch. Assessment of internal and external opportunities for food animal enzyme, probiotic, prebiotics and other feed additive product development.
Key Leadership responsibilities
•Proactively search for solutions
•Work effectively and flexibly within and across all Elanco R&D teams and external collaborators to achieve overall Elanco Enzyme R&D deliverables.
•Create a positive work environment that is aligned with company objectives.
•Provide and accept challenge to deliver innovative technical solutions and create an innovative culture.
•Create an engaging culture with a “Play to win” mentality.
•Identify and utilize methods to deliver individual objectives in a high quality, timely, cost-effective manner.
•Provide information to facilitate accurate and timely project and budget forecasts.
•Manage project timeline and budget deliverables to facilitate delivery of the Elanco pipeline.
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
- PhD in Ruminant Nutrition or related scientific field.
- 5 years of experience in the development and application of nutritional feed additives for ruminants.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. .
- Thorough understanding of ruminant nutrition
- Deep knowledge of the technical challenges and processes associated with enzyme and feed additive development.
- Deep knowledge of nutrition and of the effective application of enzymes and feed additives.
- Creative approaches to the development of enabling technologies that enhance the customer value proposition for feed additives used in non-ruminant production systems.
- Coordinate studies to evaluate effectiveness, safety, and toxicological effects of opportunities for use in food animals.
- Collaborate with associates and scientists in chemistry, biology, technology acquisitions, regulatory, statistics, operations, new products planning, and product commercialization.
- Plan studies, monitor budgets, prepare timelines, and assist in the development of regulatory submissions.