Lab Operations Assistant
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
LAB OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Temporary Lab Operations Assistant to join the Ionis Research Organization team.
This position requires high attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, as well as the ability to think strategically and execute methodically. The successful candidate will be a member of a fast-paced and interactive research team and play a critical role in the execution and success of laboratory operations.
- Serve as the assistant to the Lab Manager to oversee, manage, and ensure effective day-to-day operations of the Drug Discovery and RTS Laboratories
- Assist in resolving lab-related technical issues to ensure optimal performance and maintenance of all laboratory instrumentation, schedule routine preventative maintenance, document repairs adjustments, and replacement of equipment
- Manage and interact with vendors to ensure timely and effective equipment repairs and maintenance
- Serve as the main point of contact for LabAlert notifications, responding in a timely manner to equipment alarms to ensure the integrity of our valuable samples and equipment
- Work closely with Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, and Supply Center vendors to ensure supply shelves are stocked and optimized
- Work with HS&E to ensure that the physical order of the lab is maintained. This may include but is not limited to performing regular incubator decontamination, assisting with changing out and maintaining inventory of gas tanks, moving equipment to improve workflow efficiency, etc.
- Assist in conducting an equipment inventory and populating the database to maintain a list of all laboratory equipment, date of purchase, model/serial numbers, and service status
- Assist in identifying old equipment and the impact if the equipment breaks so a priority list can be created to replace aging equipment during the capital equipment budgeting process
- Assist in conducting annual Lab Clean Out days
- Assist in conducting ongoing cold storage clean out activities
- Assist in shipping oligos
- Assist in assuring a pleasant and positive working environment for employees working in the labs, allocate bench space and work with new employees to acquire start-up supplies
- Assist the Vice President of Development Operations with administrative duties as needed
- Professional, self-starter with the ability to handle stress, work with multiple priorities independently, and is not afraid to make decisions
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail to deliver high quality results
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills, with excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly motivated with the desire to continuously learn and develop
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis.