Senior Research Associate, Process Development
PACT Pharma is an exciting new company with laboratories in the San Francisco Bay Area. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. The identification of neo-epitopes that serve as private mutations for each patient’s cancer creates a unique opportunity to engineer autologous T cells that target and kill tumors expressing these neo-antigens. PACT utilizes technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) to identify T cells that recognize the neo-epitope. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are located in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we fully anticipate our company to become the world’s leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. We are currently located in Hayward, CA, but will be moving offices in the near future.
Senior Research Associate - Process Development Unit
The candidate will work with the team for the process development of manufacturing for PACT engineered T cells. He/she will interact closely with scientists and other research associates to transfer the technology from small scale research to large scale processes. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with primary human T cells. She/he will be actively performing experiments and should be highly proficient in state of the art techniques for cell culture. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- The Sr. Research Associate will perform PBMC isolation, cell separation and subset enrichment, cell expansion, formulation and cryopreservation.
- The candidate will perform cell-based assays.
- This individual will complete cell analysis using flow cytometry.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years’ experience, or hold a Master’s degree with 3+ year experience in Cell Biology or related field
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- She/he must have excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports.
- Must have experience in sterile cell culture.
- Proficiency with basic flow cytometry is a must.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.