Director, Commercial Development
CSBio is a fast-paced growing peptide CMO founded in 1993. Our initial products were a complete line of automated synthesizers for manufacturing and process development, with a focus on cGMP production. In 1994, we opened our custom peptide facility and began producing high quality compounds for research organizations and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. In 2004, we opened our peptide production facility in Menlo Park, CA and in 2014, we expanded our production capability through the addition of a new, state of the art building dedicated to cGMP peptide production. In 2017, we passed a FDA inspection and were recommended to be approved for commercial drug substance manufacturing.
We are seeking a qualified individual to join us as the Director of Commercial Development at our Menlo Park facility. This role is responsible for leading all commercial and business cross-functional development. They will develop and execute near-term, mid-term, and long-term commercial strategies to drive growth and profitability for the business, and will act as the central architect of the development, articulation, and execution of the ongoing strategic direction of the business. In addition, the Director will aggregate new ideas for products and services, and will translate them into industry-leading offerings.
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer. Job duties require travel both domestically and internationally, approximately 30-50% of the time. Job responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and develop offerings that the best chance of creating new value for the company's customers
- Create business cases for the proposed new offerings by working closely with technical subject matter experts and ensuring business plans and technical development plans are aligned
- Ensure business cases are communicated and approved as required
- Manage high-level proposals and map technology landscape
- Lead the market intelligence, presenting data with the team and executive leadership for targets and leads
- Ensure teams are well placed to develop and maintain a strong understanding of the commercial landscape through harnessing competitor and market intelligence input
- Evaluate partnerships and subsequent deal structures
- Spearhead marketing strategy and ensure successful execution in close partnership with cross-functional departments
- Define and track measurable key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress on the strategic plan
- Manage day-to-day execution of projects as the company establishes necessary commercial and operational capabilities in order to act on the agreed strategic plan
- Develop a team to drive initiatives and support commercial execution
- Perform other duties as assigned with or without accommodation