Lab Sales Specialist
Laboratory Sales Specialist
Hartford, CT US
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are critical to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
- No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Area Business Manager, the Balance Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of all Laboratory Division Product through the company distribution network in an assigned zip code territory. In this role, we'd look for you to focus on the Laboratory market and motivate all dealer personnel to sell Mettler Toledo products in these accounts; acting as a primary company representative while maintaining the highest level of integrity plus customer/dealer relations and service while achieving the desired goals. Also within this role, you will:
- Grow sales and achieve targets for weighing, pH, service and moisture products by working together with our national distribution partners and directly with our customers
- Organize, plan and schedule selling time to effectively cover the assigned territory
- Conduct trade shows, cart shows and seminars at customer locations
- Maintain inventory of demo-related items and demo budgets
- Enthusiastically support national promotion programs; Also prepare and administer local promotions in the assigned territory.
- Process received leads in the CRM and maintain up-to-date records for each dealer.
- Cover a multi-state territory with about 25% overnight travel
What You Need to Succeed
- A BS or BA in the natural sciences preferred, or business/marketing with emphasis on chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, biochemistry, or neuroscience
- Worked in sales with at least 2 to 3 years of related experience in scientific instruments or capital equipment
- Led accounts and maintained relationships with a distribution network
- Experience training and developing the skills of others
- Established yourself as a trusted leader with vision in a related field by analyzing customer problems, mastering product knowledge, and differentiating from the competition
- The discipline to maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) system daily and complete necessary weekly reports; SAP is preferred.
- Excellent relationship-building skills to create trust with customers and synergy with dealers
Our Offer to You:
- A company car with paid insurance and gas for your work and personal use plus laptop, cell phone, and expense account.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Gym discount program if you elect our Aetna medical coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- And, all the usual such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- High earning potential with a proven track record of success and promotional growth opportunities
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.