Manager, Materials Management
Fate Therapeutics is seeking highly motivated materials management professional with broad materials management, inventory management and logistics expertise to help build and grow our materials management function. This role will perform core materials operations, including the receipt, storage and delivery of raw materials to support internal and external manufacturing operations. Fate’s development programs involve novel cell therapeutic products which present unique product manufacturing and quality opportunities. Cell therapy manufacturing knowledge and familiarity with the pertinent regulations and how they apply to this field is desired. This is a full-time position currently reporting to the Director of Manufacturing & QC and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Lead and perform materials management operations, including receiving, storage, shipment, inventory management, and order processing of all materials for Fate internal and external manufacturing
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel to ensure effective management of raw materials supply to support in-house and external manufacturing operations
- Support the design and development of GMP materials management associated processes and procedures, including development of electronic systems
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are current and effective across materials operations
- Ensure that all documentation and materials transactions are completed following Good Documentation Practices
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance in supporting internal and external materials management operations, and resolution of issues
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Quality to continually improve all aspects of materials management
- Receive and verify incoming shipments per GMP regulations and non-GMP procedures, including but not limited to: Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, update and maintain electronic and hard-copy records for received goods and reject unsatisfactory items, as necessary
- Assist in preparation of outbound shipments, including but not limited to: Preparation and maintenance of records and preparation goods for final shipment
- Distribute materials and stock inventory for in-house GMP manufacturing suites
- Assist in kit building for external manufacturing activities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years related experience in a regulated materials management environment, preferably in biotech or pharma
- Experience working in a cGMP/GTP environment required
- Extensive knowledge with materials management software implementation and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with research, process development, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing groups
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as reasonable and necessary
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com and reference job 205AM
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.