Protein Crystallization Researcher (Research Associate 2)
We are seeking a Protein Crystallization Researcher to join our Structural Biology Team. In this newly created role, you will be supporting the research project team with protein structure information. You will be responsible for processing of soluble proteins and GPCRs and operating the crystallization facility, supporting multiple ongoing discovery programs.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Structural Biology Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac injection) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Preparing protein crystals for structural analysis
- Setting up, inspecting, and harvesting protein crystals for X-ray diffraction analysis
- Managing wet lab equipment for new formulation generation, liquid dispensation as well as crystal inspection and handling
- Operating robotics for preparing and inspection of crystallization trials
- Managing and documenting protein crystallization trials data
- Presenting scientific results effectively
- Attending project meetings
What education and experience do you need?
A BS degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in protein crystallization is required. Experience with protein crystallization techniques, especially membrane proteins and/or automated liquid handling or imaging systems, is a plus.
What skills and knowledge does our ideal candidate have?
As our ideal candidate, you’ll need the follow skills and knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team -oriented, highly motivated environment, including the ability to foster collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to present scientific results to project teams and management
- Time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to work effectively under high pressure, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
What else do you need to know?
This position may require some work on weekends and holidays.
If you have the skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.comOpens a New Window. or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.