Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company firmly focused on its Mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our BioPharma strategy uniquely combines the reach and resources of a major pharma company with the entrepreneurial spirit and agility of a successful biotech company. With this strategy, we focus on the needs of health care professionals, patients, employees, shareholders and our communities, giving maximum priority to developing innovative medicines, accelerating pipeline development, delivering solid growth, continuing to manage costs, and adhering to high standards of business conduct and ethics.
The Drug Product Science & Technology within Bristol-Myers Squibb is looking for a talented and passionate individual to develop innovative products for drug delivery as part of a new and rapidly growing team to address unmet customer and clinical needs. The individual will play a key role in technology and product development.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of cross-functional product development programs support all projects from concept through commercialization.
- Identify and develop innovative technologies to meet these user needs through an effective balance of internal vs. external development activities.
- Effectively apply knowledge of materials science and engineering to guide materials selection to ensure that final product would meet design requirements. Serve as the subject matter expert on materials for all device development activities.
- Develop intellectual property leading to differentiated drug delivery platforms. Support Regulatory filing activities.
- Serve as a mentor for junior engineers in the group for their professional and technical development.
- Maintain an overview of state-of-the-art technologies within drug delivery through understanding of technologies, clinical practice, regulatory environment, competitive and intellectual property landscape assessment.
- Provide support for all aspects of technology development and product development as needed.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL:
- MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field. PhD is strongly preferred.
- MS with 8+ years minimum or PhD with 5+ years of experience minimum, preferably in the field of Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Biotech or related industry.
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Deep understanding of polymer processing, synthesis and characterization.
- Understanding of injection molding, blow molding, and use of packaging films for pharmaceuticals and devices.
- Understanding of material interactions with drugs and chemicals, biocompatibility.
- Understanding of polymer characterization techniques (physical, chemical, thermal, mechanical), structure property relationships and ability to translate to impact on final product performance.
- Broad understanding of design control elements and past experience developing products under these guidelines.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and ability to influence matrixed teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.