Medical Director Immunoscience
Innovative Medicines at Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global development and commercial organization focused on Cardiovascular, Fibrosis and Immunoscience therapeutic areas.
We are committed to unleashing innovative approaches to help patients prevail against serious diseases.
From research to customer-facing roles, we foster a collaborative culture and invest in meaningful development opportunities for our people and focus on the activities that increase the speed of the development and delivery of our innovative treatments.
We are a unique organization where team members are encouraged to have broad roles and to contribute beyond a single discipline, all in an effort to accelerate medicines to patients.
In HQ Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines. HQ Medical plays a distinct role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation by bridging clinical development with clinical practice.
Within a specific therapeutic area (Rheumatology-RA/Lupus, Gastroenterology-IBD):
- Lead the development of disease strategy and provide scientific input on the commercial strategy of a phase 2/3 compound, BMS-986165
- Lead the Medical Plan development and execution for specific the asset
- Participate as a member in the Development Team to provide input into development strategy including the non-registrational data generation plan, as applicable
- Partner with the WW Commercial to integrate a medical perspective into the commercialization process.
- Identify and seek input from thought leaders (TLs) on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge and design of clinical protocol and programs
- Drive investigator sponsored research review.
- Connect to the external environment to identify and translate medical insights.
- Role model and lead knowledge transfer to and from HQ to the regions/markets.
- Partner in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
- Partner with the Publications/Content team to develop and review key content for congresses, manuscripts and FAQs
- Provide data dissemination via data rollout plans and training
- Build, forecast and track/adjust the Medical budget and resources.
- Provide medical review of asset content to align with overall strategy.
- Provide Medical input/perspective at key forums.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) and 5-10 years of clinical or industry experience in specific therapeutic areas of interest: Rheumatology-RA/Lupus, Gastroenterology-IBD.
- Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development.
- Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred.
- Experience leading a cross functional team including market-based medical colleagues and clinical, marketing, access and health outcomes.
Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.