Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Protein Antigen Design and Discovery
The Antibody Discovery group at Seattle Genetics is seeking an innovative scientist with a strong background in protein sciences to help advance our pipeline in oncology therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be a capable laboratory-based experimentalist able to drive a research program directed at antibody-based therapeutics. Part of that responsibility will be creating antigens suitable for utilization in antibody discovery campaigns for challenging targets, including heteromultimeric complexes and multispanning membrane proteins. Additionally, the scientist will contribute as an independent researcher in a supportive or leadership role on project teams. The specific contribution area will be defined based upon the interests and technical skillsets of the scientist, and examples may include target identification, target validation, antibody engineering, antibody drug conjugate technology, immuno-oncology, or mechanistic cancer biology. Position level will be commensurate with applicant's experience.
- Propose and evaluate new project ideas, therapeutic targets, and technologies in support of advancing cutting-edge therapeutics from concept to clinical testing
- Design and execute comprehensive experimental plans that inform and enable project progression
- Design and produce antigens to support antibody discovery
- Characterize antibodies to support selection of therapeutic leads
- Collaborate effectively within a team and interface with other divisions to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Work independently and act as an expert scientific resource
- Ph.D. and 2+ years of relevant experience in industry or academics
- Direct experience in protein design and production applied to a variety of targets and including mammalian expression, purification, and characterization
- Familiarity with antibody generation, cell-based assays, and cancer biology preferred
- Innovation; eager to evaluate new ideas and implement cutting edge technologies
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
- Ability to use advanced communication, interpersonal, and management skills to convey concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.