Scientist, Cellular Immunology
Seattle Genetics is building a world-class immuno-oncology team and is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with drug development experience to join our team. We are seeking an individual with a high level of competency studying the molecular and cellular underpinning of the immune system to further our technology platforms and our pipeline. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a consistent ability to drive scientific excellence to create and advance cutting-edge therapeutics from concept to clinical testing.
- Demonstrated experience independently designing and executing in vitro and in vivo experiments focused on elucidating the cellular and molecular mechanisms that modulate anti-tumor immune responses
- Actively design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments to assess the underlying mechanism of action of therapeutic agents that target the immune system
- Develop in-vivo methods to examine the effects of our immune modulatory agents in cancer models with a particular focus on syngeneic systems
- Investigate the tumor microenvironment and impact of our ADCs on immune cells
- Support the evaluation of new immune-modulatory and ADC payloads for cancer
- Work independently and demonstrate the ability to contribute to projects outside their own expertise. Stay abreast of the immunologic literature and act as an expert resource within the immunology and research team
- A Ph.D. in immunology or tumor immunology with 2+ years of post-doctoral research training. Experience in a biotech setting is desirable although not required
- A deep understanding of cellular immune machineries, with a particular focus on the pathways and systems that control immune activation, effector function, and/or cellular regulation
- History of developing and applying novel in vivo systems that can be used to profile the tumor microenvironment and assess the impact of therapeutic interventions alone and in combination with other agents
- Strong background in cellular and immunological techniques including western blotting, flow cytometry, cytokine profiling, immune-phenotyping, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization and multitasking, and working in a collaborative and cross-functional research environment
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents is required
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.