Research Associate II, Cell-Based Screening
We are seeking a highly motivated research associate to join the Cell Biology team at Seattle Genetics, an established leader in the development of tumor-directed antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The successful applicant will be responsible for working in a team environment with a focus in the cell-based screening core using cutting-edge robotics, technologies and databases to identify and validate novel chemotypes and antibody drug targets. In addition to this responsibility, the candidate will help oversee, track, and maintain a mammalian cell bank repository for the Research department. Furthermore, the candidate will be involved in a series of cross-functional research activities between research groups to understand the mechanism(s) of disease biology and make intellectual contributions to the advancement of the company's drug development pipeline.
- Design, perform, and document cell-based screening experiments to explore new drug candidates such as small molecules, biologics and ADCs
- Track, expand and maintain inventory of mammalian cell lines
- Develop novel and innovative assay systems to mimic in vivo tumor biology and facilitate translation between the in vitro research setting, animal tumor models and translation to the clinical setting
- Perform experiments to support early or late stage drug development programs
- Compile and present data to teams in both oral and written reports
- Present experimental results at both internal group meetings and meetings with members of the Research & Development organization
- B.A./B.S. in Cell or Development Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer Genetics, Immunology, or related fields in cancer research
- 2+ years of research experience in an academic or biotech/pharma industry setting
- Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques is required
- Technical knowledge with liquid handling robotics in biochemical or cell-based screening is a plus
- Experience with molecular and cell-based assays across a wide variety of technical platforms (qPCR, western blotting, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence or high-content microscopy, ELISA, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to utilize electronic data capture/analysis tools such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint for experimental documentation and data analysis/presentations
- Candidates must be well-organized and have good interpersonal skills to work collaboratively in a team environment and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Job requires laboratory work which includes extended periods of sitting and standing
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.