BTS Enterprise PMO Methodology and Standards Lead
Responsible for the creation, documentation and sustainment of the Business Technology Solutions portfolio and project management lifecycle in order to achieve standards of delivery of technology investments for the company. Partner with ePMO leadership in the development and rollout methodology, governance, standards, compliance of process, data and PPM tools.
Must understand and develop partnership with other workstreams /cross functional (swimlanes) in order to develop and execute a multi-discipline EPMO.
Goal is to develop a multi-discipline, right sized, methodology that supports many different types of projects.
The BTS Enterprise PMO Methodology and Standards Lead works within the AbbVie BTS Enterprise PMO and will manage the Program/Project Management processes for BTS. The candidate will be responsible for managing cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to implement and mature Portfolio/Project Management processes within the PMO to drive consistency and standardization across BTS. The suitable candidate should have subject matter expertise in the area of Business Process, Project and Program Management, Portfolio Management and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization. These are key qualities required to be able to excel in this role. This position will also participate in the planning, design and implementation of PPM tools and will establish Project Management Training offerings for the organization.
This candidate is driven, drives high levels of accountability and effective stake holder management in order to drive work through leadership of multiple PMO Leaders, Project Managers, and Program managers across multiple BTO functions. This role will also be responsible for defining and generating / collecting performance metrics for IT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in project and process management.
- Proven track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Proven experience working effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and business process re-engineering skills along with a maniacal attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a matrix, fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills
- P roven experience with developing Program/Project metrics
- Knowledgeable and stays current with best practices and new thinking in project delivery
- Strong and varied knowledge of tools in the PPM space
Accountability and Scope: The BTS Process Lead will work across the various Organizations with BTS to collaborate and establish best practice Program / Project Management practices. The candidate will also partner with third party vendors to identify and provide Project Management training and development opportunities for BTS Project Managers.
- BS/BA required; PMP Certification required
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
- 7+ years of experience with Program/Project Management required.
- Experience in process development in a PMO organization
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with various PPM tools a plus (i.e. MS Project Server, Innotas, Service Now)
- Experience with various Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies a plus (i.e. Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)