Senior Manager, Publications - Medical Affairs
Lead Publications Teams in the execution of publication plans for assigned assets, and oversee the execution of scientific publications (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) that fulfill strategic publication plan and scientific communications objectives for the asset. Ensure Publication Plan is in alignment with the medical communication strategy. In partnership with the Publications Director ensure resources and personnel are aligned and optimized to meet with needs of their therapeutic area. Provide managerial oversight to staff members, including performance assessment, training and feedback, resolution of personnel issues, and management of talent retention.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Serve as the leader of cross-functional Publications Team(s) for assigned assets, including leading team meetings/discussions and driving the execution of publication plans, incorporating input from key global stakeholders.
- Lead tactical execution of publication plans (ie, clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations), meeting established timelines and budgets.
- Review all publications in assigned TA to ensure quality and alignment with Scientific Communication Platforms and supporting communications
- Partner with medical colleagues to ensure and oversee pull-through of the communication strategy into publication plan and oversee and supporting tactics
- Partner with Publications Director to project and manage outsourcing budget and internal resource needs for assigned/assets.
- Provide managerial oversight to internal and external medical writers regarding assigned projects, ensuring a high-quality and timely work product and adherence to Publication Policy and associated Procedures.
- Provide direction to external vendors to effectively complete the execution of publication projects, within specified timelines, and ensure quality publication deliverables.
- Address and resolve publications-related issues for assigned therapeutic areas and assets.
- Ensure project information in publication records and resourcing tools is accurate and up-to-date
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required. PhD, PharmD, Master's Degree preferred. Relevant professional certification/credential (eg, CMPP, AMWA) is a plus.
- 4-5 years of medical/scientific publications (or related) experience required. Pharmaceutical industry or related (eg, medical communication agency) experience required
- Demonstrated abilities in a leadership capacity required.
- Ability to understand and interpret medical data required
- Knowledge of product therapeutic area preferred
- Knowledge of clinical/scientific publication structure, content, and quality. Knowledge of scientific publication regulations and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance. Collaborative teamwork and leadership track record.
- Ability to form, maintain, and lead productive cross-functional working teams, including addressing issues that arise.
- Microsoft Office and Internet navigation proficiencies essential