The Media Manager position partners with our brand teams to set media strategies, determine advertising channels and establish media spending by channel. The Media Manager will work across all areas of the organization to communicate media strategies, plans and results for both consumer and professional media. Working with our media agencies of record, you will develop and execute strategic media plans for a set of brands/indications. You should have experience in uses of traditional and non-traditional media channels, as you're expected to conceive, plan and execute winning, innovative media solutions across various products consistent with each brand's business strategies.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the development and execution of all media activities under your assigned brands/indications, identifying target audience and ideal channels to reach our target. Duties include working with our media agencies to identify and recommend media outlets that fit the target audience, implementing the schedule via the agencies, disseminating media flowcharts and placed buys, and manage media billing process. You will provide divisional POVs and white papers, make presentations to the Marketing teams as well as with cross functional teams.
• Media Strategies and Planning
• Ensures all media strategies ladder up to and deliver on the brand business goals and objectives
• Ensures media strategies are strong and push brands towards results
• Ensure each plan has innovation, test & learn components
• Push the envelope for ways to bring creativity and innovation to the media plans
• Works with the media agencies to translates media strategies into tactics
• Media Buying and Buy Stewardship
• Ensures media agency teams come with great ideas, strong executions, efficiencies and effective measurement for assigned brands/indications
• Manages and implement approved media plan ensuring flawless execution and all deadlines are met
• Review vendor consideration set with the agencies
• Brand/Agency Management
• Develop and maintain effective day-to-day relationships with Marketing teams and our agencies of record
• Thorough understanding of brands'/indications' business and important facets
• Coach, mentor, motivate agency personnel
• Review all brand sharing documents and ensure accuracy
• Media Administration
• Ensure internal and Agency AOR teams are adhering to planning process, policies & procedures for assigned accounts
• Ensure all Media budgets are met and constantly monitored
• Ensures all monthly reporting is received and shared internally in a timely fashion
• Participating in media agency feedback surveys as well as performance review meetings
• Industry Knowledge
• Thorough understanding of industry trends, consumer/HCP audience trends, promotional resources, competitive landscape
• Attend industry trade shows to keep current on marketplace knowledge
• Competitive Tracking and Analysis
• Tracking/monitoring media activity, including competitive analysis
• Disseminate competitive reporting to brand teams and data analytics groups
• Collaborate on CP with Public Relations and other advocacy groups
College degree with 5-8 years of Paid Media experience as well as customer experience. Experience with media paid in the Pharma industry experience a plus. Bachelor's degree in Arts, Business or Marketing with 5-8 years of work experience in several aspects of media (digital, offline, programmatic, etc.). Prior media agency experience is a must.
• Must be able to determine brand's media goals, strategies, tactics and provide recommendations to internal clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and vendors simultaneously with high attention to detail and adherence to departmental process.
• Ability to multi-task and oversee several media plans, vendors, internal constituents, at one time, face many deadlines and coordinate activities of different groups of individuals.
• Extremely organized and proactive with the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.
• Attend media industry trade shows to keep up on anything new in the marketplace.
• Must be able to negotiate with vendors, agencies.
• Familiarity with PHRMA, CFR, Sunshine Act & global pharmaceutical requirements a plus.
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and business acumen.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Strong with Microsoft software tools, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and able to learn new software programs specific to the Media industry.
• Knowledge of third party data sources like Nielsen, MRI, IMS, Simmons, Kantar, AdIntel and third party tools like Media Tools, Media Ocean, etc.
• Strong functional knowledge; can be viewed as a Subject Matter Expert in media across channels.
• Inquisitive with strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learning's.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and influence to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
• Strong Agency management, including the ability to delegate responsibility, overseeing and management work and priorities, provide coaching/mentoring/difficult feedback to ensure AbbVie's high quality standards are always met.
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Learns, fast, grasps the "essence" and can change the course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time (more than two consecutive hours in an 8 hour day).