Manager, Technical Applications
Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of an Application Development section. Manages a staff responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Primary responsibilities for the team is to manage integration development to / from the Veeva platform (built on SFDC), and to / from our master data systems (Reltio, Informatica MDM). Technologies include Informatica Cloud, Tibco, Informatica ETL, Oracle, Teradata, and others. A mixture of SAAS solutions, on-premise data warehouses, cloud-based data lakes, and enterprise tools, are in scope for this position.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for effectiveness of systems solutions relative to business requirements.
- Negotiate, secures, oversee & ensure that resources are available to meet the daily operational demands of the area.
- Oversee and control department budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures & ROI: develop, monitor and meet expense and recovery plans; continually look for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Prepare budgets for cost pools and manage to them.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separations. Determine necessary mix of skill set.
- Confronts and deals with employees issues in a constructive and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing integration with Veeva and/or SFDC applications.
- Experience with messaging technologies (Tibco, MQ, or similar)
- Experiencing in architecting, designing and implementing enabling technologies such as a service bus and web services.
- Experience with Hadoop, Cloudera, Hive, and other data lake technologies strongly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- 10-13 years of overall experience including 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Operates within well defined expectations.
- Make strategic decisions that impact department or division/site. May have final decision authority for project level budget and activities.
- Manages 1-2 leads which includes 5 - 10 employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of Application Technology individual contributors.