Director, Hybrid Cloud Services Management
Provide leadership to deliver technology strategies that support business goals. This role manages the delivery of all Cloud based capabilities and solutions for AbbVie BTS. The individual in this position is a thought leader capable of creating a service-oriented IT organization through speed, agility, and automation. This individual will lead the team to work cross-functionally and adopt agile development methodologies to deliver required IT services to the business. This role will be critical in building and enabling technology platform to allow AbbVie BTS to adopt shared services model for service delivery, prior experience in enhancing cloud maturity in infrastructure operations is necessary. The Role will also manage the program to deliver the next generation of Hybrid Cloud based infrastructure service.
Strategy & Influence:
- Provide Cloud Infrastructure Leadership by working closely with the CIO and other IT executive leaders to assess the existing adoption of Cloud tools and processes and lead the short term and long-term technology infrastructure strategy. Long-term strategic responsibility for building scalable, reliable and efficient mechanisms required to meet our rapidly increasing customer demand.
- Build Cloud focused teams that help analyze the automation frameworks currently in use and spearhead risk and technical feasibility analysis pertinent to currently used Cloud tools. Manages a team of managers and senior managers who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments.
Process Improvement & Optimization:
- Spearhead technology investments pertinent to configuration, build and deployment automation solutions by creating and communicating persuasive business cases. Ensure consolidation and maturity of AbbVie BTS' service delivery models.
Hybrid Cloud Migration Program Leadership:
- Manage and deliver an enterprise-wide roadmap to standardize service portfolio around Hybrid Cloud architectures. Oversee end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity management and service implementation utilizing the 6 Rs in cloud migration appropriately applied.
Decisions & Policies:
- Makes key decisions that are guided by established strategies and priorities. Influences operating policies and procedures that affect the domain.
Interprets enterprise-wide policies, processes and procedures that Impact:
- Make decisions that are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of BTS Infrastructure Service and of BTS as a whole.
Liaison & Relationship Building:
- Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leaders. Interactions focus on project and operational decisions. Build external network - VC funded start-ups, participate in Open Innovation conferences, conventions, partner with experts and solution providers.
- Develop a culture of risk taking and innovation driven organization that continuously embraces and adapts to change. Consistently demonstrate AbbVie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision, goals and strategies.
This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, and at least 15+ years of experience in IT, with at least 10+ years of leadership experience
- Deep understanding of agile practices and infrastructure operations, including but not limited to areas such as public, private and hybrid cloud platforms, distributed computing, provisioning, configuration management, containerization, virtualization, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience in building Cloud Services such as auto-scale capabilities and API centric architecture. Good understanding of both virtualization platforms including vSphere, KVM and Hyper-V, OpenStack and container technology, such as Docker.
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude to work cross-functionally and lead across all infrastructure towers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies with proven experience of managing information technology setups utilizing open systems.
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies. Must have a background in application development and familiarity with modern application development frameworks.
- Experience in managing large scale, high risk, transformation IT programs with demonstrated business value. Experience managing a budget of at least $20 million.
- Experience managing teams of at least 10 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers.
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to BTS Leadership and end users at all levels.