Director, Emerging Stakeholder Insights
The leader of the Emerging Channel Insights team, will play an important new role in AbbVie's Market Analytics and Business Insights Team supporting the evolving Market Access organization.
The Emerging Channel Insights team will be focused on providing insights and analytics into:
- Trade & Distribution strategy, design & performance, respective Return on Investment
- Engagement strategies with emerging economic decision makers such as Employers, Benefit Consultants and Organized Providers
- Understanding impacts of Private/Govt. healthcare policies and emerging portfolio-wide events/ issues in the Market Access landscape (i.e. growing 340B, Accumulator/ Maximizer, etc...) across multiple therapeutic and customer segments .
This individual will closely collaborate with internal Market Access Marketing stakeholders from Pharmacy/Trade, Health Systems/Employers, Payor Channel, Policy teams; Field Based Account Executives within the Trade and Hospital Systems teams; and leaders within Government/Public Affairs, Legal, Finance, Pricing, HEOR, and Medical Affairs.
The remit of the individual will be to influence strategy development through insights and evaluate performance of the Trade related contracts, program recommendation, and measure financial impact on AbbVie portfolio. This individual will also identify the strategic and financial implications of market dynamics related to both existing and proposed policy proposals. With a focus on these Emerging Stakeholders, this role will help to inform and influence AbbVie U.S. Commercial toward having an appropriate strategies and capabilities in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
The Emerging Channel Analytics lead oversees a team (3-4 FTE's) responsible for research and data analysis that informs and advises AbbVie's strategies, addressing high urgency portfolio-wide issues, developing, deploying and training staff on research methods, advanced analytical techniques, learning emerging trends and policy changes in the market and leading the preparation of all analyses.
Key areas of functional scope include:
- Leading the insights (primary research & analytics) deliverable for portfolio-wide issues and market trends for emerging stakeholders and anticipating their needs.
- Provide analytical leadership to the development and execution of a standardized performance measures and subsequent Return on Investment, and support Trade Quarterly Business Review initiatives.
- Provide a perspective current market events, healthcare policy changes and implications to AbbVie U.S. portfolio and strategy.
- Leading a team responsible for:
- Evaluating the value of Specialty Pharmacy, Fee For Service (FFS) and Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contracts for marketing and analyzing impac
- Tracking post-deal account level performance, conducting variance analysis, and assessing ROI using customer and secondary data sources
- Informing financial projections by leading cross-functional meetings on post-deal account performance and variance
- Conducting primary research to understand needs of stakeholders such as Employers, Benefit Consultants, Trade & Distribution landscape, and network design
- Address the impact of high urgency, portfolio-wide issues and/or initiatives such as 340B, Accumulators, benefit design changes, Medicare Part D program design, CMS policy changes
- Support "Above Brand" initiatives such as Stakeholder Segmentations, Follow the Money mappings, capability building, etc...that require a high level of experience, project management and organizational influencing skills
- Keep current on new and relevant data sources, business information and primary and analytical approaches to solve business objectives.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- Exempt Direct Reports: 3-4
Basic Requirements: Education:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Decision Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics;
- MBA Preferred
Background/Desired Skill Set:
The Emerging Channel Insights leader should have the following background:
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, Symphony Health, IHS, MMIT/ Fingertip Formulary/Business One Technologies, HIRC, etc....).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in market analytics, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in market access with significant subject matter expertise with health plans, PBMs, Hospital Systems, Specialty Pharmacies and Healthcare Policy. .
- Strong story telling skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications.
- Demonstrate strong team collaboration with business stakeholders and Commercial Analytics and Operations partners.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled