Associate Manager, Contracts
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The Associate Contracts Manager will work across all functions and teams at bluebird as a trusted partner to proactively facilitate the efficient negotiation, execution and tracking of contracts with a focus on client service, professionalism, confidentiality, superior organizational and prioritization skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
About the position:
- Assist the Contracts Attorney and the Contracts Manager with finalizing contracts common to the biotechnology industry.
- Use templates to prepare, draft and negotiate contracts for clinical, research, quality, medical affairs, manufacturing, and general service teams, including Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, and other business agreements.
- Act as a liaison between internal business partners and legal department on contract-related inquiries and contracting processes involving external vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract maintenance, renewals, and terminations.
- Master and seek to improve the internal contracting process, including administering an integrated Oracle contracts management system and developing internal training material related to the contracting process.
- Undertake special projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of relevant contracts experience
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is preferred
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, high volume environment and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to balance working on multiple projects in parallel are required
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
To be considered for this exciting career opportunity, please apply through our website. www.bluebirdbio.com
bluebird bio, 60 Binney Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.