US Market Access Lead
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird is committed to finding new and innovative ways to ensure patients have access to our therapies. The US Market Access Lead will report to the Vice President, Head of Access Value and Evidence Strategy (AVES) and be an important part of the AVES leadership team at bluebird bio. The US Market Access Lead will build a team to be the face of bluebird with national payer accounts and other key stakeholders, to aid in the co-creation and implementation of its Market Access strategies.
About the role:
About the role:
- Build on existing relationships with payers, transplant networks, channel players, and hospital systems to develop and implement strategies which ensure patients can have access to bluebird bio's gene therapies.
- Build and lead a team made up primarily of externally facing market access professionals to engage with key stakeholders; build and oversee a small team in Cambridge to act as liaisons between market access strategy development customer facing field teams.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between payers and bluebird bio executive teams to help identify areas of common interest for partnership to support broad definitions of value and a long-term perspective.
- Demonstrate market access thought leadership and represent bluebird bio at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc when appropriate
- Lead/oversee the negotiation of approved price and contracting constructs in alignment with the overall market access and company strategy.
- Advanced degree with 12+ years of experience in biotech/pharma with a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Strong relationship management skills and a proven track record of collaboration
- Unquestionable character and demonstration of an ability to live bluebird bio values
- An ability to thrive in ambiguous and changing environments
- Excellent organizational skills, an ability multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to partner with Medical and Commercial colleagues in the field and in the Cambridge office
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself