Associate Director, Recombinent Proteins Group (8)
We are seeking a knowledgeable leader with substantial experience in running a protein production group. The candidate will be expected to lead a group of scientists to generate proteins (antigens and antibodies) using disparate modalities for therapeutic and reagent generation.
• Establish a high functioning protein production core group.
• Lead protein production group to generate antigens, antibodies, and cell-lines to facilitate discovery and project support.
• Utilize and develop novel technologies/methodologies to express and purify antigens (in addition to multi-transmembrane containing proteins).
• Guide scientists and team to address complex processes and transition leads into development.
• Interface with multiple discovery project and matrix teams across the organization.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural/Molecular Biology, or related field with 6-8 years' experience or 10+ years relevant experience.
• Extensive experience in leading a core group of scientists to make high quality proteins for in vitro and in vivo testing.
• Knowledge and experience in making antibodies from multiple species and technologies like bi-specifics, conjugation, and fusions is required.
• Demonstrated ability to make complex antigens like multi-transmembrane receptors, oligomers, and difficult to express and purify proteins.
• Demonstrated ability to generate proteins for crystallography and cryo-EM.
• Hands-on experience with multiple expression systems/formats (mammalian, insect, yeast, and E. coli) and purification media (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography) and automation is required.
• Experience in generating cell-lines (electroporation, viral transduction, etc.) is also required.
• Experience in evaluating protein liabilities and formulations is highly desirable.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.