Principal IS Business System Analyst - Supply Chain
Amgen is seeking a Principal IS Business System Analyst at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Operations IS (OIS) group to support the Supply Chain business organization across various transformational IS initiatives. The Incumbent will report into the Director of OIS.
The Principal IS Business Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business and the technical communities working with IS project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The Incumbent contributes to the success of Operations IS functions by making fundamental improvements in how information is managed and business processes are operated. Additionally, the Analyst leverages the combination of prior experience, problem solving skills, and client engagement skills to drive supply chain business towards excellence and is a keen learner and thrives dealing with ambiguity.
Responsibilities of the Principal IS Business Analyst Includes:
- Establishes networks with business partners in the Supply Chain functional areas and engages them to create and maintain a service to achieve the strategic vision
- Serves as a key IS contact for business partners to provide expertise in business requirements reviews, research new applications and services to improve business capabilities
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of business domains in the area of Supply Chain capabilities including plan, source, and deliver.
- Supports the Supply Chain business capabilities in various Supply Chain-specific domains
- Takes accountability of delivery of technical solutions to business.
- Develops scope, schedule, cost and resource estimates
- Develops and managing vendor and product Request for Proposals in partnership with Global Strategic Sourcing
- Serves on project teams and assist with workshop planning and facilitation as well as project deliverable production
- Performs cross system analysis, feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize deliverables, and recommend optimal solution. Manage multiple initiatives and priorities
- Leads internal/external workforce as needed. Manages third party vendors and contingent workers
- Interacts and reports progress to senior business and IS leadership; escalate as appropriate problems and issues
- Domestic and International travel up to 25% may be essential
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis experience
OR Master's degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis experience
OR Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis experience
OR Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis experience
OR High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis experience
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with Business users in non-technical language
- Experience building productive working relationships across different functions/organizations
- Strong leadership, project management, and organizational change management skills
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Consulting experience or management consulting experience
- Solid understanding of supply chain processes particularly logistics, order to cash cycle, transportation and distribution
- Solid understanding of business process mapping, requirement gathering, six sigma methodology
- Demonstrated track record of delivery of IS solutions that yield measurable business results
- Exhibits an expert ability to impact and influence project outcomes.
- Experience with data visualization solutions such as Spotfire and Tableau
- Exposure to data science and advanced analytics
- Good overall understanding of ERP and planning systems common in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry (specifically Supply Chain), as well as the integration of these systems through applicable standards
- Basic familiarity with SAP's technology stack
- Experience with Agile/Iterative Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)