Are you looking to disrupt the drug development process while leveraging automation, custom hardware and sensors, deep learning and big data? How about saving lives? Yes? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality. Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2018 and beyond.
The Vium Applications Scientist will work closely with Vium customers and internal teams to instruct customers on how to use the Vium Research Suite Software and meet the challenges arising from cutting-edge research. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated team player with a strong understanding of biology as well as data management and data analysis needs associated with exploratory research. This person should have the ability to collaborate with a community of customer and Vium research scientists to define study set up, and assist the customer with ongoing study management needs and have a proven record delivering effective tools to scientists in a research environment. This person will be responsible for designing Vium training materials and delivering training to local and remote customers. They must also deliver a positive technical service experience in relation to Scientific/Vium application issues.
- Develop training materials for Vium commercial customers and work with Vium Product
Management in keeping materials updated.
- Provide first study training, support and ongoing consulting support for Vium customers after
implementation of the Vium Research system.
- Collaborate with Vium Scientific staff to provide guidance for customer studies.
- Provide feedback into Product Management in order to improve product.
- Assist customer in troubleshooting issues with Vium software and report defects and problems in Case Management system.
- PhD Or Masters in Biology and two to four years of related experience.
- Technical Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or MIS a plus
- Proven work experience as a scientific/data analyst
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Travel to Customer sites.
- Work with clients in professional and helpful manner.
More About Our Culture:
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to deliver great engineering!
- Say what we’ll do and then do it! As a growing team, we’ve increased collaboration between roles of development and operations
- Have an attitude of shared responsibility and value building quality into the development process.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
- Are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Have great values and sense of community, while encouraging growth.
- Love what we do and love being part of a team that rewards trying new things.
What We Offer:
- Good salaries and benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
- Stock options
- Catered lunch most days and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and delicious drinks (Hungry anyone?)
- Relaxed office in San Mateo with a casual environment
- Company teambuilding days, fun parties, flexible vacation policy
Our corporate office is in San Mateo and the remote-controlled lab is in the South Bay.