Director, U.S. Medical Launch Lead - Intranasal Midazolam
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will You join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Neurology Patient Value Unit team, we are looking for a Director, US Medical Launch Lead - Intranasal Midazolam.
Are you the pioneering mindset that will help us in this launch to offer epilepsy patients and caregivers an effective rescue treatment option for those living with ARS
As the Director, US Medical Launch Lead for Intranasal Midazolam you like to work in an environment where you can:
Serve as the highest level clinical expert in Epilepsy to develop Medical and Scientific Midazolam Intranasal Spray Launch plan.
Provide medical governance and strategic leadership over medial affairs objectives and activities for U.S. Launch:
- Championing medical launch strategy and solutions (80%) -- Actively drives innovative US Launch leadership, both at project and organization level, to establish and communicate a clear strategic US medical vision for Midazolam Intranasal Spray to build value for patients in alignment Launch strategy
- Acts as “Clinical and Scientific Expert Partner” to external stakeholders (20%) -- Directly engages in and leads external stakeholder engagement related to development of strategies and pre-commercialization medical engagement
- Promotes an aggressive, innovator culture around patient value.
- Continually links plans and challenges back to patient value creation and Intranasal Midazolam strategic drivers.
Engages and Leads medical launch strategy efforts across all relevant stakeholders across UCB organization (U.S. and Global)
As the Director, US Medical Launch Lead you will contribute by:
The Medical Director (Expert) will be responsible for the following:
- Medical Launch Strategy & Solutions (80%)
- Lead development of US region medical strategy, stakeholder engagement strategy, and delivery of solutions
- Tracks performance of U.S. pre-launch/launch activities and uses regular status meetings to review progress and address variances.
- Serve as medical expert in development of new solutions
- Ensure appropriate communication of US strategy across internal functional groups (i.e. vertically and horizontally)
- Provide deep scientific content expertise (e.g. disease state and product) and contribute unique medical insights across key internal functional teams
- Ensure consistent medical communications and delivery of the core Scientific Platform across solutions
- Lead medical engagement for key commercial initiatives
- Development/Co-development of Medical training for Medical Science Partners and Sales team for Launch
- Post launch, helps teams achieve a broad knowledge of epilepsy disease state, standards of care (also within hospital setting) and local healthcare practices that allows them to create patient value creation and advancement of nPVU objectives.
- Post launch, maximizes value of UCB products and support services by ensuring that an agile, responsive, iterative and collaborative development approach is applied aligning the right solutions with the right patients at the right time.
- External Stakeholder Engagement (20%)
- Acts as a “Clinical and Scientific Expert Partner” to key external stakeholders, driving execution of Midazolam Intranasal Spray Launch strategy for US region and reinforcing UCB’s leadership in neurology patient value creation
- Drive engagement plan with key external stakeholders through Medical Science Partner team (e.g. KOLs, clinicians, Payers) for pre-commercialization and Launch efforts
- Seizure Freedom Mission (Global Team)
- Internal Engine (U.S. Headquarters team)
- Ecosystem Mission Leads
- Medical Leads
- Regulator, Legal, Compliance
- Head Catalysts
- Customer Stakeholder Facing Medical Science Liaisons and Payer Partners
- KOLS / TLs associated epilepsy
- IDN stakeholders
- Hospital stakeholders
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- MD/DO/PharmD/PhD or equivalent degree with clinical experience in neurology (preferably Epilepsy) or Emergency Medicine
- Prior medical affairs industry experience preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Device experience preferred but not required
- Understanding of drug development and regulatory environment
- Understanding or experience of Med/Reg/Legal review preferred
- Ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures
- Willing to take initiative on advance projects and able to identify what is necessary to complete tasks
- Knows how to be a team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization
- Excellent skills in professional interactions
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and is easily understood in written materials and presentations
- Strong strategic thinking acumen and track record for operational excellence
- Market expertise in health systems including physician practices, patient experience and large medical groups/integrated delivery networks/accountable care organizations preferred
- Must have a performance rating of « meets expectations » or better on two most recent performance reviews
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing, developing, and influencing teams
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated strength in business planning, tactical plan development and execution
- Travel up to 50% US and International
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.