Associate Manager, EHS
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Applies a solid understanding of Regeneron's EH&S processes, procedures and systems to ensure health and safety compliance standards are met. Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of his/her own team. Strategizes the new direction of his/her work when change is encountered or necessary; helps teammates with their own agility in a changing context.
Solves moderately complex EH&S problems in which analysis of a situation or data requires review of regulations and standard industry practices. Considers relative value of several alternative solutions to potential issues before making a recommendation as to the path forward.
• Leads and develops a team of employees performing EH&S tasks concerning various health and safety programs, with a particularly strong focus in biosafety, chemical hygiene, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, training program strategy, and liaising with a satellite office in central NJ.
• Begins to prioritize and assign EH&S tasks and projects for team members and ensures tasks are completed and team goals are met.
• Coordinates with other supervisors and teams to meet area work and output requirements.
• Coaches team members on task and skill proficiency and performance under close supervision of manager (may be informal); supervises, mentors, develops and prioritizes tasks for EH&S staff.
• Acts as advisor to end-users, becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
• Works under the direction of the EH&S Associate Director to implement various environmental health and safety programs and initiatives.
• Provides 24/7 emergency response support during medical emergencies, evacuations, hazmat spills, etc.
• May provide secondary construction project support as a subject matter expert during each phase of the project - design, construction, and post-construction.
• May provide support to a specific aspect of the business such as new target characterizations, vivarium, and IACUC.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to learn specialized software applications. Ability to develop and conduct EHS training sessions. EMT certification is a plus.
Skillful in PC use as well as in specialized safety and industrial hygiene equipment, specialized applications such as but not limited to integrated workplace management systems, learning management systems, dynamic training software such as Captivate, Articulate, etc.
Direct supervisor of exempt professionals or non-exempt employees. Technical: Weighs alternatives, determines best approach to resolving problems and explains rationale to others; may serve as an escalation point for technical challenges around EH&S related issues concerning inspection, collection, storage and disposal of biohazardous, chemical and radioactive waste
Soft: Recognizes inefficiencies in the team and offers improvements constructively; works across teams effectively; supervision and mentorship skills; strong project management skills
Required Licenses & Certificates: Professional certifications such as Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional and Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred
Minimum Years of Experience:
Bachelors and 6+ years of relevant experience
Masters and 2+ years of relevant experience
Direct supervisory experience required
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.