Bachem. Pioneering Partner for Peptides
Bachem is a listed technology-based company focused on peptide chemistry. The company provides a full range of services to the pharma and biotech industries. It specializes in the development of innovative, efficient manufacturing processes and the reliable production of peptide-based active pharmaceutical ingredients. A comprehensive catalog of biochemicals and exclusive custom syntheses for research labs complete the service portfolio. Headquartered in Switzerland with subsidiaries in Europe and the US, the group has a global reach with more experience and know-how than any other company in the industry. Towards its customers, Bachem shows total commitment to quality, innovation and partnership.
The Production Technician I performs an integral role as part of the Production team at Bachem. This role is responsible for contributing to the safe and economic manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) products, such as peptide or related bioorganic compounds, as a member of a production team. As a Production Technician I, you will be producing APIs from gram to multiple kg scale. The majority of responsibilities will include routine synthetic organic synthesis, the operation of manufacturing equipment and keeping track of batch documentation according to cGMP regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Manufacturing of APIs by using solid/solution phase synthesis, cleavage, de-protection, and their purification
· Carry out the necessary preparative steps self-dependent according to directions and instructions given by supervisor
· Follow written procedures (SOP, BPR) and comply with cGMP guidelines
· Perform proper documentation following cGMP guidelines
· Adhere to manufacturing schedules and timelines
· Make safe, efficient, and conscious use of instruments, raw materials, products and other resources
· Ensure manufacturing and personnel safety and security in the workplace
· Propose and implement technical improvements
· Be a Team player and be highly flexible
· Associates Degree in Chemistry or a Science related field or
· High School Diploma with 1-2 years of college coursework with an emphasis in chemistry, or science related studies
· Proficient with GMP requirements and documentation
· Capable of working methodically and accordingly adhering to rules and regulations
· Proficient with entering and/or recording information in written or electronic form according to GMP regulations
· Ability to read, understand, follow written procedures (SOPs & BPRs) and instructions provided by the immediate supervisor
· Flexibility and availability for shift work
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office
· Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
· Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
· Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
· Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
· Communicate effectively with the ability to function well in a team environment
· Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
· Knowledgeable with production equipment used by the chemical industry
· Experience in manufacturing
What We Offer
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
· Full range of health benefits including medical, dental, vision and long-term disability
· 401(K) Safe Harbor Plan (3% company contribution, 100% vested)
· iPay Incentive Plan
· 11 Paid Company Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Leave and Vacation Time
· Travel to Switzerland for certain key positions
· Company sponsored events! (Summer BBQ and Holiday Party)
· Generous product discounts
Bachem recognizes that highly motivated and well-qualified employees are its most important asset. The competence, motivation and performance of individuals and the team are key to the development and long-term success of our business. We therefore strive to attract, retain and develop talented and committed people to all of our Group Companies. Bachem ensures equal opportunities for its employees and will not tolerate any discrimination.
This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must also be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. is required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Within the facility, the employee will experience normal office conditions with a well- lighted work area and minor noise from standard office equipment. Occasionally the employee will experience unpleasant odors from the manufacturing facility. On a daily basis, the employee will visit the manufacturing facility several times. Lab coat and goggles will be required for these visits. The employee will constantly experience laboratory hazards. Very occasionally, the employee will be called upon to address emergency situations.