The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people through medical research and education in neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, immunology, and stem cell biology. Home to notable leaders in science and biomedicine, Gladstone comprises four institutes as well as various centers and programs. All of its approximately 500 members are aligned in their mission to carry out or support science that overcomes disease. Located in an award-winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program. It provides an ideal environment for those seeking to maximize and fully leverage their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.
The Grants Administrator (Fellowship Coordinator) works closely with Gladstone's 100 Postdoctoral Fellows to prepare and submit Fellowship and Career Award applications on a continuous basis, and leads the administrative and financial aspects of post-award management for successful awards. This member of the Grants and Contracts team serves as Gladstone Fellows' number-one resource for pre- and post-award policy and best practices for Fellowships and Career Awards. S/he is comfortable managing competing deadlines and working with diverse constituents in a fast-paced research environment.
The Grants Administrator (Fellowship Coordinator) is an active and important participant in all aspects of the Fellowship “lifecycle.” Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarizes Fellows with the fellowship application process, guiding Fellows on sponsor policy, internal policy, timeline, and best practices.
- Tracks application deadlines and manages time accordingly.
- Assists Fellows with managing the application process and establishes a timeline for key application deliverables.
- Develops budgets and administrative documentation for outgoing proposals.
- Ensures compliance with internal review and approval processes.
- Coordinates Just-In-Time submission for pending awards.
- Completes award setup in the accounting system.
- Monitors spending against awards; generates monthly reports summarizing grant balances.
- Tracks post-award reporting deadlines; notifies and assists Fellows in managing progress report submissions.
- Drafts required financial reports for awarded fellowships.
- Meets regularly with Fellows to review active awards as well as upcoming grant submissions.
- Performs close-out of fellowships and career awards by submitting required reports and performing necessary cost transfers and payroll adjustments to close fund.
- Serves as primary contact for Fellows' requests and questions about allowable expenses and no-cost extensions.
- Performs data entry in proposal and award tracking system for all pending and active Fellowships.
- Generates Pre-Award Reports for the Grants Department.
- BA in Business or an equivalent field
- 3 years of administrative work experience. Accounting background preferred.
- Pre-award experience is required for this position. Post-award experience is preferred but not necessary.