Preclinical R&D Research Associate - Cloning & Production
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic and respiratory-based diseases. AGTC has multiple candidate gene therapeutics in or entering human clinical trials and is seeking a full-time Preclinical
R & D Research Associate for Cloning & Production activities.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Plasmid construction and large scale plasmid DNA production.
- AAV vector production, purification and characterization
- Design and develop new assays with minimal supervision
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed
- Draft SOPs, tech report and study reports
- Record, analyze and present scientific results
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual and Safety and Quality manual
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- A B.S. with 3+ years’ experience or M.S. with 1 + years’ experience, in biological science.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, assays, or related areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
- Proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including molecular cloning, SDS-PAGE, immunoblot, qPCR, and Transfection.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture especially in large scale
- Experience of AAV and/or other viral vectors is preferred
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace. Please send CV or resume.