Research Associate - Upstream Process Development
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases. AGTC is aggressively expanding and seeks a full-time Research Associate – Upstream Process Development for its Alachua, FL headquarters.
- The Research Associate will report directly to the Associate Director, Upstream Process Development.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Develop and execute hands-on mammalian cell culture experiments for process definition
- Plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments for the characterization and optimization of mammalian cell culture systems
- Perform routine mammalian cell culture and viral vector production activities
- Setup, run and troubleshoot bioreactor experiments as needed
- Perform qPCR and cell based assays
- Interact with external collaborators, as needed, to complete joint experimental protocols
- Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data in notebooks, reports and meetings
- Assist in maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Safety and Quality manual
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in biological science with a minimal of 2-4 years, hands-on laboratory experience in cell culture, virology, or related areas
- Course work in biology, biochemistry or similar field applicable to mammalian cell culture
- Proficiency in basic biologic laboratory techniques
- Experience with manipulating DNA and RNA
- Hands-on experience in bioreactor, viral vectors or vaccines strongly preferred
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume.